Release - Endy's Tinkering Calculator 2.2.0.2 - Stuffed Turkey Edition

Post by Endy » November 24th, 2011, 12:16 pm

Changes in 2.2.0.2

Added Cloaks to the Buffs Tab
Added Jack of All Trades Augmentation to the Buffs Tab
Added spell levels I-VI to Buffs
Changed from using radio buttons for Buffs to drop down boxes
Settings are now saved to an .xml file in the users Documents folder
Bug Fix: Program didn’t throw an error when the Iron/Granite Submit button was pressed with the number of tinks not selected
Changed the code for the Iron/Granite formulas to clean it up a bit and make it easier for any changes later
Changed the way the Iron/Granite Results are displayed
Fixed a typo in the pop up dialog if Minimum Damage was not entered
Added a pop up button for the Iron/Granite Results so that the results can be compared side to side

I want to say thank you to Mina once again. His help with the math allowed me to greatly clean up the code and make things easier on me behind the scenes. I hope no one is too disappointed with the new way the Results are displayed on the Iron/Granite Tab.

I also added a pop up to the Iron/Granite Tab so that if for any reason you want to see multiple possibilities with one weapon or compare results of two or more weapons side by side, you can do that.

I've added the new aug and cloaks to the Buffs Tab. As usual, if there is anything else you feel should be there but isn't, just let me know. I also added in level I-VI spells. More for the sake of completeness because most likely the tinkerers out there can at least cast level VII's or else hit up a buffbot.

Settings are now saved in an .xml file stored in the users Documents folder. This does two things. First, hopefully now it will save settings when you uninstall an old version and reinstall a new version. Secondly, I can now start looking into saving the settings to different profiles since not everyone has their tinkering skills all on one tinkerer and thus their settings might be different.

Happy Thanksgiving!
"Don't tease me about my hobbies. I don't tease you about being an asshole." -Mark from Garden State

Logan Conrad

Re: Release - Endy's Tinkering Calculator 2.2.0.2 - Stuffed Turkey Edition

Post by Logan Conrad » November 29th, 2011, 3:32 pm

Awesome calculator!!

Question:  Would it be possible to make the "Workmanship of the Salvage" box accept wms 10 salvage?  I've only be able to enter wms 9.99 salvage.
Logan Conrad -MT- 225th Level Combat Archer
Kal'Aaron -MT- 196th Level Tank Archer
Margrin -MT- 162nd Level Archer
Shadow of Logan -MT- 162nd Level Combat Archer
The Nameless Ones
AC Community Wiki ==> AC's Best Resource!
Decal & Plugin Support

Endy
Admin

Re: Release - Endy's Tinkering Calculator 2.2.0.2 - Stuffed Turkey Edition

Post by Endy » November 29th, 2011, 5:09 pm

Thanks... glad you are liking it. :)

I could make it accept ws10 salvage, but I don't really see the point. If you want to see the values using ws 10 salvage, it's actually quicker to just click on the first Submit button and look at the last column instead of having to do the extra step of actually putting in the 10.00 value. There is no difference in the formula used and so the percentages would be the same if I added it.

If there is a reason that I am just not seeing for it, please let me know.
"Don't tease me about my hobbies. I don't tease you about being an asshole." -Mark from Garden State